[tlhIngan Hol] ck tnk je {mej} lo' vs qepHom 2019 {mej} De'

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Oct 22 08:18:12 PDT 2020

Words like {mej}, {Sum}, {Hop}, and other location-centric verbs, fall to the concept of deixis as the most generically accessible filler when other context is absent. Einstein suggests that there is no objective reality; that the entire Universe is always definable from the perspective of a single observer. When speaking, the speaker is that observer.

So, when the verb suggests a referent location without explicitly providing one, the speaker is that location. {jImej} more explicitly means {naDev vImej}.

The future me departs from the now me’s location, since the now me’s location is synonymous to “here”, and the future me’s location will be a different time referenced “here” with a new associated “now".

Gotta love deixis. It’s a gem element of General Relativity.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.