[tlhIngan Hol] describing baby animals

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 07:56:23 PDT 2020

Am 13.10.2020 um 16:03 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> FYI in 2019 Lieven translated "Sleep Tight, Little Wolf" (a children’s book by Ulrich Renz) as {Qongchu’ ngavyaw’ mach}.  Was this a wolf cub (i.e. a puppy) or just a small wolf (i.e. the runt of the litter)?

I chose that translation because it was really referring to size only.
Age was not considered in the story. This "little wolf" they speak about
is a puppet, i.e. a teddy bear like toy. In addition, I wanted to keep
in line with other translations which all used the term "small x".

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"