[tlhIngan Hol] describing baby animals

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Oct 13 07:11:30 PDT 2020

ngavyaw’ ghu = canine’s baby or baby of the canine = puppy

ghu ngavyaw’ = baby’s canine or canine of the baby = baby’s pet

*puppy* would be pronounced “poop-pee”, if it were pronounceable at all, given the lack of vowel in the second syllable, since a {y} is never a vowel in Klingon. There is no “uh” sound in Klingon, so it would be difficult to transliterate without making it easily confused with “poppy” *{papIy}*.

As human, we think everybody loves puppies, but then, we also think everybody loves tribbles for the same reasons. They just make you feel good to be around them, right? We just want to pick them up and hold them, right?

Well, I wouldn’t make any assumptions about the natural response of Klingons to puppies...

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.