[tlhIngan Hol] {yInSIp} and {voQSiP} (oxygen and nitrogen)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 5 12:58:24 PDT 2020

If I had read my entry for {bIQSIp 'ugh} I would have found this entry for deuterium:

(STEncyclopedia [1994 ed.; needs page ref]):  Isotope of hydrogen consisting of one proton and one neutron in the nucleus, around which circles a single electron. Cryogenic (extremely cold) deuterium was the primary fuel source for the fusion impulse-engine reactors in Federation starships. Deuterium was also used as one of the reactants in the matter/antimatter reaction system in those ships' warp drive. The deuterium was the matter, and anti-hydrogen served as the antimatter. (TNG "Relics")

Obligatory Trek trivia:

  Archer received 2000 liters of deuterium for helping the miners at an unnamed alien deuterium mining colony defend themselves from Klingon raiders. (ENT "Marauders")

  "I can get deuterium anywhere.  I come here because I like you, when you show me hospitality and respect." (Korok to Tessic [local headman], ENT "Marauders")

--
Voragh