[tlhIngan Hol] Pronunciation of words ending in "ngan"

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Oct 5 11:17:54 PDT 2020

On 10/5/2020 2:11 PM, Luis Chaparro Caballero wrote:
> Anyway: Is my perception right? I mean, is*ngan*  when being part of the name of an inhabitant mostly not stressed? And what about the "number-forming elements", they are also usually not stressed, right?

Going by Okrand's pronunciation and a complete lack of any canonical
counterexamples anywhere, I believe you are correct.

(I can think of a non-canonical counterexample. In TNG's "Since of the
Father," the characters consistently give stress to the second syllable
of *cha'DIch.* They also pronounce it more like /cha-DEESH/.)