[tlhIngan Hol] {yInSIp} and {voQSiP} (oxygen and nitrogen)

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Oct 5 09:28:33 PDT 2020

It’s quite possible that both the warp drive and the impulse engines run from energy derived from the same fuel.

What fuel is used to power the lights, the computers, the artificial gravity, and everything else on the ship?

With current technology, you use different energy sources for different systems, unless you drive an electric car. We don’t know how starships do this. Maybe both the warp drive and the impulse engines are “electric” or some equivalent that has not been invented yet. Maybe the fuel drives the equivalent of an electric generator that powers all the other technology on the ship.

The fuel might not be for “the warp drive”. It might be for “the ship”.

The largest consumer of energy would be the warp drive, so you could think of it as fuel for the warp drive. Everything else is just peripheral.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.