[tlhIngan Hol] Additional question about SAOs

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:36:54 PDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 2:52 PM SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> Maybe saying *'ach 'e'...* or *'ej 'e'...* or whatever might be valid.
> I'm pretty sure we haven't see any such thing in canon.

 There's one from paq'batlh (p. 146-147, paq'raD, canto 16, lines 25-28)

> *SoHvaD quvwI' qem Hegh 'e' wIvDI' Hegh*
> *     pop Hevchugh quvwI'*
> *    'ej 'e' DaqaSmoHchugh jIlaj*
>
> *The honorable will be rewarded*
> *     After death chooses to bring them to you,*
> *     If you make it so, I accept.*

Or more literally, "When death decides that death will bring the honorable
to you, if the honorable receive a reward, and if you make that happen, I
accept." (This also suggests that *'e'* can refer to a subordinate clause
from within a subordinate clause, which is interesting.)