[tlhIngan Hol] action based language

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Nov 10 06:31:50 PST 2020

I think you are referring to official copies of The Klingon Dictionary. I own a copy of the Italian version and I’ve seen the Portuguese version and held it in my hand. I think I’ve seen the Spanish version as well.

Okrand was not involved in the making of any of the translations of TKD to other languages. The German version is notoriously bad, especially in the glosses, which very frequently stray by defining words by what Americans would likely consider to be the least likely, most restrictive stretch of a synonym.

I haven’t heard anyone criticize any of the other versions as severely as I’ve heard critiques of the German version. Germans apparently prefer the English version.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.