[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ne'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 20 07:18:32 PST 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, November 20, 2020

Klingon word: ne'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: yeoman

In the 23rd century this was an administrative aide or secretary assigned to captains on Starfleet vessels (e.g. Yeoman Janice Rand).  I don't believe we saw any in the 24th century.  Cf. also http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Yeoman

Darok, Martok’s elderly aide, was apparently a civilian who dealt with official paperwork aboard the IKS Rotarran.  (DS9 "Once More Unto the Breach")

SEE ALSO:
boQ 		aide (n)
boQDu' 	aide-de-camp (n)
cha'DIch 	aide [during a ceremonial challenge] (n)
yaS wa'DIch	first officer (n)
yaS cha'DIch 	second officer (n)

boQ  		aid,  assistance (n)
QaH 		help (n)