[tlhIngan Hol] only spartan women give birth to real men

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Nov 17 11:09:21 PST 2020

This is not a great translation, no matter how you look at it, though I suspect that the exchange is not:

“Why should we care about humans fighting each other?”
“I obviously remember it because honor is important."

It’s closer to:

“So, humans fight each other. Why do we care?”

“Because honor is important. I obviously remember that."

It’s ugly, either way, but the {-mo’} part makes more sense as an answer to the previous question, instead of as a dependent clause for the main clause that follows it.

Anyway, I concede the point. Canon proves me wrong again.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.