[tlhIngan Hol] nuH / DuH

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed May 27 08:22:20 PDT 2020

Am 27.05.2020 um 16:28 schrieb SuStel:
> It's not slang, it's a metaphor.

Yes, I know. This was just an example, because all slang and regional
words are marked as slang, so I thought that metaphorical words should
also be labeled as such. So it's not really an error, but just an
incompleteness of KGT.

I just imagined a pure beginner who looks up the word and memorizes
{nuH} as "possibility" and then is puzzled with a piece of text talking
about weapons and wonders why they speak about possibilities. Or the
other way, a beginner might be asking for a good possibility to do
something and uses the word {nuH}, which might look strange.

Even thought {nuH} is defined as "possibility" in the list, there still
is the /regular/ word {DuH}, of which I think it should be preferred in
usage wherever possible.

And any external word list should label the metaphorical usage of {nuH},
in my opinion.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"