[tlhIngan Hol] nuH / DuH

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed May 27 06:59:35 PDT 2020

Okay, this is very old, and I guess it has been discussed already.
Anyway, I never noticed this before and was quite surprised to see it:

KGT lists {nuH} as "possibility", and I think this must be an error. The
main body of KGT explains that {nuH} can be used metaphorically for
"possiblity", but the regular word for "possibility" is {DuH}.
(KGT p. 109+110)

What is the common treatment of this? Is there any information I'm
missing? Does {nuH }really mean possiblity, or is only used
metaphorically, like slang words are? In that case, the list should have
had a remark like other slang words.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"