[tlhIngan Hol] {-meH}ed nouns with {-chuq}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu May 7 05:47:04 PDT 2020

tkd:
> The phrase ja’chuqmeH rojHom a truce (in order)
> to confer is the object of the verb neH he/she wants it
> The object is a noun rojHom truce preceded by the
> purpose clause ja’chuqmeH for the purpose of conferring
> or in order to confer.

While I was replying to lieven's reply to my original post, I hadn't
realized that the above were indeed quoted from tkd.. So, obviously, I
was mistaken..

DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'
jagh DajeymeH nIteb yISuvrup
reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS

(and similar klingon crap goes in here..)

jIH:
> The reason I understand this sentence this way, is that it sounds
> weird to have {ja'chuqmeH rojHom} as in "confering truce".
ghunchu'wI':
> If your problem is with the translation, think of it as “parley”

Interesting.. I hadn't thought of it this way. You're right; "parley"
does the trick. Thanks.

~ mayqel qunen'oS
Dujonpa' vIghro' tIQ bIHeghjaj!