[tlhIngan Hol] 'elI'jaH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 12 07:49:19 PDT 2020

By coincidence, I watched the DS9 episode "Our Man Bashir" last night -- the one where Dr Bashir plays a James Bond-like secret agent in a holodeck program -- and the following exchanges (from different scenes) caught my ear:

CAPRICE: Who's that?  [pointing to Garak, who just entered the holosuite]
BASHIR:    An uninvited guest.
    [….]
WORF:      Your invitation, Mister Merriweather?
BASHIR:    I don't have one.
WORF:      The Doctor does not like unexpected guests.
    [….]
BASHIR:   You must not get many tourists
SISKO:      My guests and I place a premium on our privacy. We don't want
                 any unwelcomed guests, such as men sent by governments who
                 disagree with my political philosophy.

BTW Sisko was playing the holo-character of evil mastermind "Doctor Noah".  <g>

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons