[tlhIngan Hol] New words from Hamletmachine

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 12:13:06 PDT 2020

Am 31.03.2020 um 20:57 schrieb Alan Anderson:
>> {qaw'} - flip over
>> {qaw'moH} - flip over (i.e. "make something flip over")
> Was that the meaning you used in the translation? Or was your physical example not quite indicative of the true sense of the word?

That is a actually a good question, and I was not aware of a difference
between "flip" over and "tip" over.

I asked exactly this:
 > kick over, flip.
 > In the text, some rebels flip over cars on the street. This verb could
 > certainly also work for making a glass fall, or a chair, or a big box
 > kicked away, or anything falling from a vertical position into a
 > horizontal position.
 > --> I'll use {pummoH}, uyfsb.

Okrand answered:
 > Probably {qaw'} "flip over" or {qaw'moH} would be better here.

So if you take my question as part of the definition, it's the 90° answer.

BTW, for 180°, I'd use {yoymoH}.

Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list