[tlhIngan Hol] why we shouldn't do transcriptions

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 2 13:44:13 PST 2020

Some more examples supporting the pattern :

QIncha'  	krincha (type of animal) (n)
QIStaq  		Kri'stak (GN)
QI'yoS wa'  	Krios Prime (GN)

Daqrab  	well (n)
Hoqra'  		tricorder (n)
neqratlh 	glasses, spectacles (n)
SIqral 		Skral (GN)
vIqraq 		artifact, work of art (n)
'aqroS		top [interior]; maximum (n)

{SIqral} surprises me a little.  I might have expected *{SIQal}.

__
Voragh