[tlhIngan Hol] {neH} and {-bogh}ed nouns

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 05:48:26 PST 2020

SuStel:
> qama''e' qIppu'bogh neH
> the prisoner(s) whom he/she/it(/they)
> merely hit
> only the prisoner(s) whom
> he/she/it(/they) hit

If instead of the {qama''e' qIppu'bogh neH} we had {qama''e' qIplu'pu'bogh
neH}, I could understand that the possible translations would be "the
prisoner(s) who someone merely hit" and "only the prisoner(s) who someone
hit", because there is no subject.

But when there is an elided subject, then don't we have the same
restrictions which we would have, as when there was a subject not elided
but specified ?

Meaning, that in the case of an elided subject in a {-bogh} clause, where
its' object carries the {-'e'}, wouldn't we have as the only possible
translation the "merely" translation, instead of the "only" ?

~ mayqel qunen'oS