[tlhIngan Hol] vIb - propagate

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Mar 29 02:35:58 PDT 2020

Am 29.03.2020 um 09:11 schrieb De'vID:
> Because the definition is "propagate", not "propagate in/through"?
> Although, looking at the examples, we have:
> {wa'vatlh DIS vIvIb} "I time-travel 100 years into the future"
>
> This indicates that the object of {vIb} is the distance,

theoretically, who says that this is a distance? Maybe it's thing being
travelled through, like in English "time".

compare this
{wa' jaj vIvIb} - "I time-travel [through] one day"
and
{wa' bIQ'a' vIvIb} - "I propagate [through] one ocean"

> 'otlhmey} "the photons propagated the ocean (i.e., the length? width?
> area? of the ocean)", though I wouldn't write it that way.

This is grammatically identical. Why not semantically?

Again, I need to add that I am asking this because I do not entirely
understand the English word.  But Maybe this is one of the things that
need some explanation from Maltz.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"