[tlhIngan Hol] be missing / not there

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Mar 24 00:29:49 PDT 2020

I'm not sure I'm missing something, but I can't find an adequate
solution to translate an error message like "name missing".

I know that {Hutlh} takes an object, so I may say {pong Hutlh yu'muD}

I thought of {Dach}, but can an information "be absent"? It sounds like
a people thing to me, but I may be wrong.

Next, I think of {loj} "be all gone", a verb I have never understood how
to use.

If I use {ngab} "disappear", it implies that something was there before,
which is not the case either.

The only way I can solve this is rephrasing {pong DalIj}, so my problem
is basically solved, but I still like to her your opinion about the
first questions.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"