[tlhIngan Hol] {moch} in noun-noun constructions

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:50:41 PDT 2020

lieven:
> To say "superior priests" use the adjective
> {nIv} "be superior".
nIqolay Q:
> mayqel: If you're trying to express the
> notion of "superior", there's the verb nIv
> "be superior". Qelpu' nIv "superior
> doctors", maqleghpu' nIv "superior
> priests"

I've thought about using the verb {nIv}, but there's the problem of the
following Ca'Non sentence:

{Dujeychugh jagh nIv yItuHQo'}
there is nothing shameful in falling
before a superior enemy

The way I understand the "superior" in this example, it isn't "greater
rank", but rather "greater skill/more powerful/better".

But my goal isn't to translate the concept of "superior" as in "greater
skill"; my problem is how to translate "superior" as in "of higher rank".

~ mayqel qunen'oS