[tlhIngan Hol] {-meH} clause before the {'e'} of a sao

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 08:45:23 PDT 2020

charghwI':
> I honestly think it would be cleaner, simpler, and more direct to just say:
> {qaQaHmeH romuluSngan yaS vIcheHmoHta’.}

I agree with you 100%. This would be my first choice too. The only
reason I wrote the {romuluS yaS vIcheHmoHta'; qaQaHmeH 'e' vIqaSmoH},
was because I just needed an example.

charghwI':
> We’ve seen other beginning-of-sentence stuff show
> up before {‘e’}. {-meH} is not special in this regard.

I remember, quite some time ago, I had asked whether we could have a
{qaStaHvIS whatever}, or a {verb-DI'}, or a {verb-mo'} before the
{'e'} of a sao.

If I remember correctly, then, there wasn't a definite answer, and the
whole matter ended with a conclusion along the lines of:

"shut up, and put the {qaStaHvIS whatever}, or a {verb-DI'}, or a
{verb-mo'}, *after* the verb following the 'e' of the sao".

But the problem with the {-meH} is that it can't be placed after the
verb following the 'e' of the sao".

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to reply.

~ mayqel qunen'oS