[tlhIngan Hol] qaStaHvIS and perfective

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:54:39 PDT 2020

I'm narrating a story about events which happened yesterday. I'm looking
back on completed events, so I use perfective.

Suppose I write:

{wa'Hu', qaStaHvIS wej rep, jIQuchpu'}

What does it mean ? "yesterday, for the duration of three hours, I've been
happy" (i.e. my happiness lasted three hours), or does it mean that during
those three hours, I was happy only once (for a period of time shorter than
three hours, e.g. a minute, an hour etc) ? Or can it mean too, that I was
happy more than once, i.e. my happiness going on-and-off ?

~ mayqel qunen'oS