[tlhIngan Hol] Sound of o

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Jun 29 11:00:20 PDT 2020

On 6/29/2020 1:55 PM, Will Martin wrote:
> Meanwhile, I have a vague memory of previously believing that the {r}
> should be lightly trilled, but you corrected me, pointing out that TKD
> said it wasn’t trilled. I don’t have my TKD at hand now, so I can’t
> check. Now, you suggest that Okrand was wrong when he pronounced {rgh}
> because he doesn’t trill the {r}.

I don't suggest that. I simply point out that TKD says one thing while
Okrand does another. Whether one is right and the other is wrong, or
both are right under certain circumstances, or something else is going
on, I don't know and can't say.

It's okay to say "I don't know." It's the fundamental beginning of
science, and linguistics is a science.