[tlhIngan Hol] Sound of o

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Sun Jun 28 04:56:23 PDT 2020

Thanks.

I’m not so much interested in proving myself to be right as I am in figuring out something like truth.

So, there are apparently eight times as many examples of syllables that end in a bare {o} than I thought. Impressive, statistically.

Of course, that pales in comparison to words that have {o} followed by a consonant. I’m pretty sure that number might come really close to having a comma in it, especially when considering words with affixes that include {o}, like {-moH}, which pretty clearly doesn’t sound like “mow”{H}, just like {Qo’noS} doesn’t remotely sound like “crow-know”{S}.

Still, it seems odd to give a verbal description of how to pronounce {o} that it is suggested might apply only to the eight known syllables that end in {o} without giving a verbal description of how it is pronounced everywhere else, and even this presumes that he actually pronounces these eight syllables to rhyme with “mow”.

Does anybody have a recording of him saying something in Klingon that rhymes with “mow”?

That really is all I’ve asked for.

Sent from my iPad