[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tlhub

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Jun 8 07:48:20 PDT 2020

>      >     Klingon word: tlhub
>      >     Part of speech: noun
>      >     Definition: climax
>      >     Source: qep'a' 26
[...]
> *tlhub****n *climax [Height of action in a narrative (not orgasm)]

While talking about something else, I mentioned this to Marc Okrand. He
made clear that this is not about avoiding to speak about sexual topics.
The addition was simply to make clear that in Klingon, there are two
different words for these two different things.

He also agreed that when using this word for a sexual climax would sound
pretty awkward.

I guess he anticipated questions in the type of "Can this word be used
for xyz as well?" so we now know the answer. There are many cases in
Klingon (and other languages) where you have two different words for two
different things in one language while the other language might have one
word that worls for both.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"