[tlhIngan Hol] Body parts list

Jeremy Silver jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 02:29:17 PDT 2020

On Monday, 22 June 2020 08:18:13 BST De'vID wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 at 22:02, Jeremy Silver <jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > +----
> >
> > | loDmach    n    male genitalia, penis (body-part)
> >
> > +----
>
> Was this approved by Okrand? A quick search turns up that it appeared in
> the novel "Star Trek Vanguard: Harbinger" on p. 202.

Don't recall. Probably forgot the tag, I'll mark as ncc in my database for
now.

> +----
>
> > | melchoQ    n    marrow (bone), bone marrow (body-part)
> >
> > +----
>
> I wonder if this is a mass noun or if it ever takes the plural suffix.
>
> > +----
> >
> > | mInyoD     n    eyelid (body-part) [lit. "eye shield" (used in Klingon
> >
> > Hamlet)]
> > +----
>
> Used in Hamlet, but (retroactively) made canon by Okrand.
>

> > +----
> >
> > | pIp        n    spine, backbone (body-part)
> >
> > +----
>
> The "backbone" part is non-canon?

Possibly another one I added but didn't tag ncc. KGT notes pIp as a body-part,
and backbone is most likely, but on reflection maybe it could also refer to a
sea urchin DuQwI'.

> > +----
> >
> > | 'aDtay'    n    circulatory system (body-part)
> >
> > +----
>
> Source?

Now I can't find it, and didn't note it either. But the kli mailing list
archive spider search page is not showing up (did the "update" kill it?), so
one avenue to confirm is eliminated.