[tlhIngan Hol] they-them prefix with -moH -'egh with -moH and DoHmoH

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Jun 30 11:09:55 PDT 2020

Sometimes, I really yearn for the days when we knew less about {-moH} with multiple objects… Life as a Klingon speaker was so much simpler in those more innocent days.

If the dictionary definition of {DoHmoH} as “drive back” is acceptable, then one would think that {nuDoHmoH} would be sufficient, with perhaps {chaHvo’} tossed in at the beginning, just to be really clear about direction of travel.

We don’t have a problem with {nughojmoH} for “They teach us,” right? Why does this have to be more complicated?

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.