[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "the following words are written in random order"

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:45:45 PDT 2020

I've wondered how to say "the following words are written in random
order". And I found two ways to say it:

Suppose that we'll talk about a specific group of words, which will
appear in sentence, like "I like spaghetti, pizza, steaks, and
hamburgers". Perhaps, before this sentence we could say one of the
following.

chIchHa' mu'tlhegh vebDaq Hoch Soj (mu') Daq vIwIvpu'.
The location of each word at the following sentence has been selected
unintentionally.

or

mu'tlhegh vebDaq Haw Hoch Soj (mu') Daq.
At the next sentence the place of each word is random.

Of course, the thing to wonder would be whether the word {Daq} could
be used to express "the specific place in the sentence which is
occupied by a word", and I could have sworn that we had a noun {lan}
meaning "place" in the general sense, but I checked and the only thing
that we have is the verb {lan} for "to place".

So, for lack of a better alternative, I'd use {Daq} anyway.

~ Qa'yIn