[tlhIngan Hol] Body parts list

Jeremy Silver jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 21 13:02:42 PDT 2020

On Sunday, 21 June 2020 20:55:40 BST Lieven wrote:
> This page is quite complete:
> http://klingon.wiki/En/BodyParts
>
> Lieven.
Seeing some typos and omissions (will edit), here's what I have (likely with
different errors/omissions/choices on what constitutes a body part).
=====
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| cha'neH    n    forearm, lower part of the leg (body-part) [alone means
"forearm". Precede by 'uS for "lower part of the leg". DeS cha'neH for
"forearm" probably used only where you were talking about both the forearm and
the lower leg.]
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| DughrI'    n    skull (body-part) [nach Hom has been used for this, and
that's fine]
+----
+----
+----
| ghapqa'    n    jaw (body-part)  [May be used for things that resemble
anatomical jaws. In such cases, the plural remains ghapqa'Du'.]
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| HomwI'     n    toe (second), second toe (body-part) (toes) [little piggy
stayed at home.]
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| jIb        n    hair [on head] (body-part), comb (~ Ho'Du'), hairbrush (~
yachwI')
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| marwI'     n    toe (big/first), big toe, first toe (body-part) (toes) [little
piggy went to market.]
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| mInyoD     n    eyelid (body-part) [lit. "eye shield" (used in Klingon
Hamlet)]
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| nanwI'     n    toe (fourth), fourth toe (body-part) (toes) [little piggy
had none.]
+----
| nev'ob     n    thigh, upper arm (body-part) [is both, to make a
distinction, precede with 'uS or DeS]
+----
+----
| nItlhpach  n    fingernail (body-part), flat end of pigment stick
+----
| nobmeD     n    skeleton (body-part) [qal'aq is fine for "skeleton" if
modified: Hom qal'aq or porgh qal'aq]
+----
| noq        n    nipple [plurals: noqDu' (anatomy), noqmey (on bottles etc.)]
(body-part)
+----
+----
+----
| ngech      n    valley, woman's cleavage (body-part), cleavage of woman
(body-part)
+----
+----
| ngob'at    n    breast, tit (ncc), boob (ncc), mammary-gland (ncc) (body-
part) [Female anatomy.]
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| qanwI'     n    finger (pinky/little, pinky finger, little finger (body-part)
(fingers)
+----
| qaywI'     n    finger (middle/second), middle finger, second finger (body-
part) (fingers)
+----
+----
| qewwI'     n    finger (ring/third), third finger, ring finger (body-part)
(fingers)
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| Qay'wI'    n    toe (little/fifth), little toe, fifth toe (body-part) (toes)
[little piggy cried/blew its top.]
+----
+----
+----
+----
| reStav     n    shin, front of lower leg (body-part) [the bone is reStav
Hom]
+----
| rIlwI'     n    thumb [usually for a child's thumb. See also Sen.] (body-
part) (fingers)
+----
+----
+----
| roSwI'     n    toe (third/middle), middle toe, third toe (body-part) (toes)
[little piggy had roast beef.]
+----
+----
+----
| SenwI'     n    thumb [usually for a an adult thumb. See also /rIl/.] (body-
part) (fingers)
+----
| SIqwI'     n    finger (first/index), index finger, first finger (body-part)
(fingers)
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
+----
| tuqvol     n    forehead [regional, tuq possibly refers to family
resemblances seen in forehead ridges, vol is unknown.] (body-part)
+----
| turmIq 'enDeq n    bladder (urinary), urinary bladder (body-part) [Strictly,
the noun 'enDeq refers to anatomy, but it can be used metaphorically in other
contexts, which is the way it works in English.]
+----
+----
+----
+----