[tlhIngan Hol] Metaphor and Metonymy

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 07:35:03 PDT 2020

Am 17.06.2020 um 16:19 schrieb SuStel:
> important matters, making *Soj* a metonym. Neither interpretation seems
> convincing to me.

Thinking more about it, I believe it's not a metaphor. But I'm not a
linguist.

> characteristics involved. If you label *naH jajmey* as a metaphor, what
> use is that to the reader?

In this direction - nothing. But if somebody asks if there are any
common metaphors in Klingon, I'd like to have an answer.

Okrand has sometimes even written "bla is used metaphorically" so I like
making a list of all "bla" in connection with being "used metaphorically".

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"