[tlhIngan Hol] Maltz on flipping and tipping

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 23:38:45 PDT 2020

Am 10.06.2020 um 07:44 schrieb De'vID:
>     -----begin quote --------
>     You'd use {qaw'} if the object tipped over on its own accord or
>     seemingly on its own accord (even if there is a known cause).
>

> Surely the subject, and not the object. ;-)
>
> (Yes, I know he meant "the thing which is tipping" not "the object of
> the verb". The subject should obviously be this object.)

Yes, that is ambiguous, indeed. He meant object in the sense of "thing",
not the grammatical "object/subject".

But still...

If I knock over a {loD}, then {loD} is the object of the verb {qaw'moH}.
If then this {loD} does {qaw'}, it's indeed the /object/ (of te previous
sentence) that has {qaw'}ed.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'll ad a note to the page in the archive and the wiki. Thanks
for pointing out.
--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"