[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tlhub

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Jun 5 08:28:27 PDT 2020

Obviously, Maltz thinks there are SOME things that are simply none of our business to know. He might think that humans and Klingon sex don’t share a meaningful context.

Alternatively, for all we know Klingon sex might not involve a climax. It might be more like an endless battle...

… or it could be so intense and brief that there isn’t a boundary between the early stages of sex and a climax. There might not BE any stages of sex before the climax. Since {tlhub} is a word for that part of a story that is different from the rest of the story, it might have nothing to do with sex because sex doesn’t have a part that is different from the rest of sex.

There are many possible explanations for why the word {tlhub} might not be a word applicable to the context of Klingon sex, and Maltz simply doesn’t care to elaborate. We don’t even know that Maltz isn’t an asexual virgin who doesn’t even know many details on the topic.

That’s one of the problems of having just one guy spilling the beans on the language.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.