[tlhIngan Hol] why aren't there any blood-sucking insects on Qo'noS ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 04:46:05 PDT 2020

jIH:
> The problem with {ghIlab ghewmey} is that they don't sting, let alone suck blood.
ghunchu'wI':
> qatlh qay'? Seng vIyajbe'.
> vabDot 'aw'be' mosquito, 'a 'Iw renbej.

At first I didn't understand your confusion, but after quite some time
I understood what's happening.

In english you say "mosquito bite", but in greek we say "mosquito
sting". Reading that ghIlab ghewmey don't sting, immediately made my
mind make the assumption that "no sting = no blood sucking".

But even so, aren't ghIlab ghewmey supposed to be harmless ? How could
one use them to express a mosquito-like insect ?

~ Qa'yIn