[tlhIngan Hol] verb-noun combinations

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jul 31 09:45:31 PDT 2020

This idea came from a discussion in the Facebook Learn Klingon group,
and I find it quite interesting to compile such a list.

Are you aware of any Klingon noun+verb combinations which look anusual
from an English point of view?

Very often, Okrand explains Klingon usage by saying like "This idea is
expressed by using the verb xy". For instance, at qep'a' 27, we just
heard that to say "nostalgize", you actually say "experience nostalgy"
or {ngonDer SIQ}. We learned the slang expression {mInDu' yIv} for blink
the eyes.

Do you remember any other where you know that noun X is always used with
the verb Y, but very different from English usage?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"