[tlhIngan Hol] among the various time telling methods is there a formal one

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 04:54:45 PDT 2020

I've been going through the various time telling methods.

method #1:
(from: "maltz online", HolQeD 8:1, pages 7-12)

tera' rep loS wejmaH
"Earth hour 4:30"

method #2:
(same source)

cha'logh Qoylu'pu'.

method #3:
(Eurotalk TalkNow! Klingon)

Five to twelve (11:55) a.m.
wa'maH wa'vatlh vaghmaH vagh rep
11:55 p.m. (23:55)
cha'maH wejvatlh vaghmaH vagh rep

As far as the first two methods are concerned, I read okrand's
explanation with regards to when they are to be used and/or how and
why each method originated. Strangely though, I didn't see in the
eurotalk any description as to when this specific method of telling
time is to be used, or how it originated in the first place.

Which brings me to the question of this post..

Among the various time telling methods, is there a method which is
supposed to be used in more formal settings than the rest ?

And when I say "formal settings" I mean weddings, court trials,
religious texts, etc.

~ Qa'yIn