[tlhIngan Hol] starting sentences with conjunctions

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 04:52:29 PDT 2020

Would it be possible to start a klingon sentence with a conjunction ?
For example, could we start a sentence with {'ej} ?

Example:

yaDDa' yaDDa' yaDDa'. 'ej QIn tetlh muvpu'mo' nuvvam, QuchHa'choHpu' Hoch.
yadda yadda yadda. and because this person joined the mailing list,
all became unhappy.

Since in some cases klingon follows the english way of saying things,
I searched for whether starting a sentence with a conjunction is
correct in english, and I found that it is:

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/starting-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction/

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/words-to-not-begin-sentences-with

https://prowritingaid.com/art/1228/starting-a-sentence-with-and-or-but-should-you-do-it.aspx

So, the question would be whether it would be correct doing so in klingon too.

As a side note to all this, I have no idea whether it is correct to
start a sentence with a conjunction in modern greek.. Ridiculous isn't
it ?

~ Qa'yIn