[tlhIngan Hol] pluralizing non-klingon words in a klingon text

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 08:45:16 PDT 2020

I just realized how ridiculous the choice is of pluralizing foreign words in a klingon passage, by adding to them klingon plural suffixes.

Suppose I want to write "luckily there are wolves".

If I write {Do' *wolf*mey tu'lu' je}, then this would be as ridiculous as writing in an english passage a greek word and pluralizing it by adding an english plural suffix.

I've never seen in a greek passage, foreign words being pluralized by greek suffixes. Noone does that, since doing so would be ridiculous.

Of course there are no Ca'Non rules about how to approach this in klingon, but personally, if I'd needed to throw in an english word in its' plural form, I'd prefer to do just that, instead of writing crap like *wolf*mey.

It would be as lame, as writing *wolf*οι, i.e. pluralizing the english "wolf" with one of the greek plural suffixes.

~ Qa'yIn