[tlhIngan Hol] epithets used as adjectives

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:16:29 PDT 2020

Recently, it occurred to me that we usually use (or that at least I
use..) the epithets on their own. For example {petaQ ghaH}, {petaQvam
yIbuSHa'}, {ghe''or jaHjaj yIntaghvam}, etc.

But could we use an epithet as the first noun in a noun-noun
construction, in the same way that we use the {baS} in {baS 'In} ?
Could we say for example {petaQ 'orwI'vam} for "this petaQ pilot" ? Or
is it that saying {petaQ 'orwI'vam} would actually mean "this petaQ
person pilot", in the case where the {petaQ} word "includes" the
concept of the "person" ?

And another example could be {ghe''or jaHjaj petaQ ghomvam} for "may
this group (which consists of petaQ persons) go to hell". Would that
be correct, or would again the meaning be "may this petaQ person group
go to hell" ?

If not for anything else, because I know of one petaQ pilot, and I'd
like to know how to wish appropriately all the nice things I'd like to
wish..

~ Qa'yIn