[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS construction with nouns bearing suffixes

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 05:40:58 PDT 2020

During battle, an officer sees on the screen something which is surely
an armed ship closing in at warp 3 and something else which seems to
be a ship which is more heavily armed closing in at warp 7.

Is there a reason why we couldn't say the following ?

DujHey Qob law' Dujna' Qob puS
the apparent ship is more dangerous than the definite ship

In the past, we've discussed the noun(s) of a law'/puS construction
being {-meH}ed nouns, {-bogh}ed nouns, even noun-noun constructions,
but I don't remember having ever discussed whether the noun(s) of a
law'/puS construction can take suffixes.

~ Qa'yIn