[tlhIngan Hol] is nIyma' an 'oH or a ghaH

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 05:33:15 PDT 2020

lieven:
> I would say it's {'oH}. I do not kno more than what the message says,
> but I think that an "apparition" can be anything, like "I saw an
> apparition of a tree".
> Okrand says "something that seems to appear", so he clearly did not
> restrict it to persons.
> Of course I would not set this in stone. It depends on context; If I saw
> {nIyma'} of a person, which might even speak to me, I would use a
> different pronoun.

The thing which actually confuses me in this word, is that if it's
about something which isn't actually there, then how can something
which actually doesn't exist, be classified as "capable of speech" ?

lieven:
> I think it's the "he, the cat" discussion.

I'm not aware of this discussion. Has this discussion ever taken place
here and I missed it ?

~ Qa'yIn