[tlhIngan Hol] subject of the -bogh clause of a sao being the subject of another verb

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 05:30:43 PDT 2020

charghwI':
> Dun [Qap yuQDaj ‘e’ tulbogh nuv].
SuStel:
> This is grammatical and is the correct formation for what he tried to say.

There's something I can't understand in this sentence. The subject of
the {-bogh} phrase is the {nuv}. But what is the object of the {-bogh}
phrase ? Is it only the {'e'} or is it the {Qap yuQDaj} ? Or are they
both the subject ?

This aside, could we extend the correct {Dun [Qap yuQDaj ‘e’ tulbogh
nuv]} to net, neH sao's and to quotations too ? Suppose we write:

Dun [Qap yuQDaj net tulbogh]
someone who hopes that his planet wins is great

Dun [Qap yuQDaj neHbogh nuv]
the person who wants his planet to win is great

Dun [Qapjaj yuQwIj jatlhbogh nuv]
the person who says may my planet win is great

Is there something wrong with the above sentences ?

~ Qa'yIn