[tlhIngan Hol] New words

janSIy . kenjutsuka at live.com
Tue Jul 28 07:34:28 PDT 2020

I agree that there is significant overlap and that a second word was not really necessary.

However, being in this situation now, I would say that the difference is the smoothness. Glossy = shiny + smooth. All glossy things are shiny, not all shiny things are glossy. The blade of my katana is shiny, but not glossy. The lacquer on the scabbard is glossy.

I would further suggest that only a coating can be glossy and not an uncoated object, but I haven't fully explored and tested that concept.