[tlhIngan Hol] pluralizing non-klingon words in a klingon text

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:33:01 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 1:04 PM Becky Nearing <beckynearing at myself.com>
wrote:

> sonally, if I'd needed >to throw in an english word in its' plural form,
> I'd prefer to do just that, instead of writing crap like >*wolf*mey. I may
> be missing something, but can't you just write tera' ngavyaw'mey for
> 'wolves'?

Strictly speaking, I don't think Okrand has explicitly said that *tera'
ngavyaw'* would be used to describe a Terran wolf. mayqel dislikes using
that kind of assumption when he writes things.

Re: the original question. If I weren't going to use *tera' ngavyaw'mey*,
or my own transliteration of "wolf" (like *_wo'lIv_*), I'd probably just
use *Do' **wolves **tu'lu' je*. Something like *wolf**mey* would just be
awkward, though I might give it a shot if I thought I could get some good
wordplay out of it.