[tlhIngan Hol] is De' "data, information" countable ?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jul 10 09:55:34 PDT 2020

Am 10.07.2020 um 18:40 schrieb nIqolay Q:> This sentence also provides
another example of later canon changing
[...]
> In the example sentence, *tlhuD* is used with electricity. (Although
> perhaps a jolt of electricity is close enough to radiation -- that is, a
> discharge of energetic particles -- that it still counts.)

That's what I thought too. I am not a physicist, but I think that [at
least from aKlingon point of view] electricity pretty well fits into the
idea of radiation.

And even if it's not - perhabs we could accept that this is one of the
things where the Klingon language just is that way as it is. Even though
Okrand said "tlhuD refers to radiation only", he did not say that
electricity is not part of it. The summary of all of this is that tlhuD
is used with radiation and electricity.

Since {rIS} is used as some kind of signal emitter, I even think using
it with the painstiks would sound weird. They don't emit a signla of any
kind. They shoot electricty!

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"