[tlhIngan Hol] is De' "data, information" countable ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Jul 10 08:42:33 PDT 2020

{vItlh} was apparently added to the vocabulary at the 2017 qepHom. The quote about painsticks precedes that by a few years. Likely, Okrand was giving us canon before the use of {law’} was restricted to countable objects, and this was one of those tweakings of the language that came later.

Then again, since Okrand tends to keep everything canon legal, that probably means that while best practice is to differentiate between {law’} and {vItlh}, you aren’t completely wrong if you screw up and use {law’}.

Tomayto/Tomahto...

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.