[tlhIngan Hol] prefix trick with {-'eghmoH} and {-chuqmoH}

janSIy . kenjutsuka at live.com
Wed Jul 8 05:50:45 PDT 2020

Your confusion here is being caused by what seems to be a special property of {-moH} that when there is no object of the verb root, the subject of the verb root can be treated as the object of {-moH}. The examples in The Klingon Dictionary all follow this exact pattern. This would make it appear that the canon example and your first two suggestions are not actually using the prefix trick, but rather this particular property of {-moH}.

Now I suppose you could argue that this property of {-moH} does not exist and they are all examples of the prefix trick being used with {-moH} but the problem is that not all of them follow the "first/second person object" part of the prefix trick and so that doesn't seem to apply.

In any case, I continue to object to your last two suggestions. I don't support the use of the Type 1 suffixes to refer to the indirect object at this time.