[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pargh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 13 10:45:58 PST 2020

Did I forget to give the examples for both?

pargh  		be synthetic,  artificial (v)  (qepHom 2017 < DSC)

DaHjaj Soj pargh wISopnISbe'ba', Sogh.
There will be no synthetic protein rations tonight, Lieutenant.
  (DSC/sub "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum")

but 		be natural (v)  (qepHom 2017 < DSC)

Dat butbogh Dochmey, yInbogh qa' je jemlaH vay'.
Everywhere you go, you can feel the symbiosis between nature
  and the living spirit. (DSC/sub "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum")

SEE ALSO:
ngeb 		be counterfeit, false, fake (v)

TREK TRIVIA:
 “I do not want an artificial eye!”  (Martok to Bashir, DS9 “Soldiers of the Empire”)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons