[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Hurgh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 7 07:32:33 PST 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Klingon word: Hurgh
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be dark

Hurgh
It is dark. KLS

(KGT 82):  Various devices are employed when it is necessary to talk about colors more precisely. wov and Hurgh may also modify colors as in {SuD 'ej wov} (yellow).

(Lieven < MO, 1/29/2018):  {tamghay Hurgh} sounds odd to me for some reason. I think it would be {tamghay wovHa'}, which perhaps could be translated as "dim light."

TREK TRIVIA:
  "Somehow I find transporting into the dark unnerving." (McCoy, TOS "The Lights of Zetar")

SEE:
Hurgh  			pickle (cucumber) (n)
  bIQ Hurgh Duj 	  	   submarine
  Duj Hurgh Duj 	     	   submarine

Du'Hurgh  		Kamarag's ancestral estate on Kronos (GN) [SAREK]
HatlhHurgh  		district on Kronos (GN) [SAREK]

SEE ALSO:
qIj 			be black (v)
wovHa'  		be dim (v) (DSC)

QIb 			shadow (n)
tlhom 			dusk (n)
tamghay  		light, luminescence, illumination (n)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons