[tlhIngan Hol] New Words from DIS 2889

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 06:59:57 PST 2020

Am 29.01.2020 um 15:44 schrieb SuStel:
> We are told that *Suvchu'* means /fight to the death,/ so wherever we
> see that word we should interpret it that way. (I disagree with Lieven

Of course you do.

> that *Suvchu'* means /fight to the death/ when it refers to what
> Klingons think but just /fight perfectly/ when it refers to what Terrans
> footballers might think.

But that's what KGT says, and there's a reason for it to say it. I quote
again, in case you over-read it:

"From the Klingon point of view, {Suvchu'} ("fight perfectly") is "fight
to the death." (KGT, p. 49)

> This is the language of the Klingons,

This moves back to the arguing of "Klingons would not say that", so I'd
prefer to stay out of this kind of discussion.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"