[tlhIngan Hol] New Words from DIS 2889

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 02:30:54 PST 2020

DeSDu':
> Additionally, when I asked him what the most appropriate way of saying
> "read aloud" (e.g. a book), he said that paq mu'(mey) jatlh would work fine.

It's always great to receive new info from maltz..

Unfortunately though, I'm afraid that this piece of Ca'Non, solves one
problem (the problem of "how to say.."), by creating another.

If we talk on the phone, and I say to you {DaH paq mu'mey vIjatlh},
then according to the newly revealed Ca'Non, the *only* way this is
understood is, that I'm holding the book reading from the inside.

But what if I'm not actually reading from the inside, but I've
memorized the passage in question ?

Now, I know what will happen..

Someone will say: "you can't actually be remembering the exact words of a book".

But, as americans say, "speak for yourself".

I've taken exams, where because my life depended on the outcome, I had
memorized the exact words, down to the letter.

~ mayqel qunen'oS